Sunday, March 19, 2017

Communication and Relationships

I don't watch a lot of T.V shows, so this assignment, I viewed a movie I never seen. So I watched half of "Central Intelligence" starring Kevin Hart and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson without any sound. From watching the first half in silence, I think their relationship was based on memories. As the character Bob reaches out to Calvin you can tell that he was excited to meet up with him. They shared hugs and smiles during their first interaction. As the movie progress on the relationship seems to take a turn for the worst. They went from overly excited to seeing each other to not knowing who to trust anymore. 

Once I turned the sound back on my assumptions were true. I started the movie over from the beginning to gain a full understanding of the plot. Bob and Calvin went to school together during their high school days. Calvin had befriended Bob at a time that was the most embarrassing. It turns out Bob was CIA agent and needed Calvin's help to stop the sale of codes to a black market dealer.
I think viewers of familiar shows or movies are always on point with what to expect from the production. If I had watched this movie prior to this assignment, I believe it would have been easier to pinpoint the relationship between the two main characters. 


No comments:

Post a Comment