Sunday, September 4, 2016

ECE Resources from Around the World

This week I was encouraged to reach out to another Early Childhood Professional from another country. My first reaction was, this profession is worldwide. I never thought that other countries needed early childhood education. This was shocking news to me. So the task was now how do I go about finding two individuals to make the connection with. I thought this would be a very difficult task. I was grateful to my professor for providing a starting point because it led me to a page on facebook entitled Teachers Around the World Pre-school Pen- Pals. Here on this page, i felt confident that I would be able to meet the requirements but  I was not successful. Then I tried Walden University Early Childhood Organization (WUECO). Here I was able to make a connection with some from Nanyuki who came highly recommended from another group member.

The one website that I would like to study is Zero to Three. I choose this website due to the career change I will be making. I will be transitioning from Head Start to Early Head start late this fall as the agency I currently work for is in the process of opening a small center. I feel that Zero to Three organization will be a great resource to have as i begin this journey with Infants and Toddlers. 

Reference
https://www.zerotothree.org/
https://www.facebook.com/PreschoolPenPals

No comments:

Post a Comment