Sunday, April 16, 2017

Adjourning Phase of Teamwork

When I think of the adjourning phases of the groups I have been involved,  think back to my team I worked with at the Early Head Start program I use to work at. My first years there were really tough. I worked with the group everyone even the supervisor called the trouble makers. It was really hard trying to build a team when these individuals were used to doing what they wanted to do, especially when management was out. It wasn't until we made some program-wide changes and I was paired up with co- workers who I have never worked with closely.

I was nervous at first because it is never easy building relationships with others especially if they were used to doing things a certain way. Unfortunately, I did not have this problem with these individuals. We worked together as a unit it was seen by others. In fact, this was one of the hardest groups to leave. Although my co- workers were pushing me to accept another position because they believed in me, it was still very hard to leave them.
It was hard to leave them because the women were very inspiring to each other, supportive and creative. They were never a moment that I didn't want to be at work because daily I was reminded of what I was capable of achieving in my career as well my life.

The only thing I wish was done prior to my leaving, is an exit interview. Here i would have been able to share with administration the things that work best with the team and the things that could use improvement. I think sharing this information is the best way to improve the adjourning phase of teamwork throughout the program. 

No comments:

Post a Comment